Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Lilith in Me

I wish that I could lay my head upon your lap
And let you run your fingers through my hair
I wish that you could reach inside me
And let me breathe your every breath
I wish that I could feel your body
Embrace mine from the back
And you would make your love to me
Like the wife that I wish I could be

But I never wanted a man
Half this world would never understand
That I’d ever want to become a girl a woman would marry
Fall in love with a girl that could love the woman within me
Be a bride for a bride that would love me with everything
I want a woman that can and will and always be
The Eve in love with the Lilith in Me

I wish that I could be as pretty as you
Even if only in your eyes, the rest of the world despised
I wish I could feel you kiss my third eye
Open up my spiritual side so wide, I’d never have to hide
I wish I could be the only one that you would ever love
Because I don’t want to have to be shared with anyone
Just let me take up your name and let me be your bride
And promise me forever, a lifetime at your side

Because I never wanted a man
And no one else but me will understand
How I’d ever want to become the girl a woman would marry
Fall in love with a girl that would love the woman within me
As a bride to a bride we could love more than anything
Could you be the woman that can and will and always be
The Eve in love with the Lilith in Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment