Saturday, June 20, 2020

Bad Romance Part II


She kills me in the moments of lapsed judgment
I'm going behind friends' backs in order to keep in contact
They all say that she's a liar and there's little to dispute that
She is an irresponsible child but I just can't keep her off my mind

There are no winners in this game I'm playing
Even if I get what I want, I could lose almost everything
She may not even be worth the effort I'm putting into this
But my rational mind won't intervene long enough to stop me from doing it

Loneliness can feel like a curse if it goes on long enough
There comes a point where you'll take stupid risks just to know if love can still happen for you
I know she's a risk with a history of broken hearts that trail behind her
But how much of that trail is real, and how much of that is the exaggeration of jilted exes?

That's how I justify this, by not knowing both sides of the story
By believing that there's more to things than what my friends are saying
Because I observe all of these things from a third-person perspective
And I understand the biases in place which creates fractured truths from objective facts

She kills me in the moments when I let my judgment lapse
She may not even realize, yet, why I've chosen to keep in contact
No one ever seems to know when I'm making a blatant move
Maybe I'm just as much a liar as her exes claim that she is

Here I am, ready to take advantage of a girl that takes advantage of everyone around her
Something says that I really shouldn't do this, but the voice isn't strong enough to put an end to this
The rational mind that usually intervenes has gone on vacation
I move on bad judgment, poor instincts, and a complete disregard of others' advice

She kills me in the moments where better judgment dies
A deadly game that no one with sense should ever want to play
But that's the catch of having romantic urges
Logic is the enemy of everything the heart longs for
Especially her

No comments:

Post a Comment