Saturday, June 20, 2020

Mushroom Delusion (Super Mario Bros.)


Tripping mushrooms
Growing ten miles high
Crushing fungus underfoot
Paratroopers of flying turtles
Raining egg spikes and fire flowers
Walking in a dream world
Where raccoons can fly and turn to stone
Where frogs are suits and hammers have brothers
Chase a dragon for a Peach or a Daisy
Turn the first letter of your name upside down
To fight your evil clone over 6 golden coins
Or maybe, just maybe
Start your day as an Arabian Family in a Doki Doki Panic
And end that day as a pair of Italian plumbers
Who just happen to be brothers
Fight a giant ape to save your girlfriend one week
Fight an army of turtles the next
Try to save the environment
With a water-shooting backpack
While your brother plays Ghostbusters
With a vacuum in a Haunted House
BOO! 
Better keep a look-out
Turn your back and you just get attacked
Want a pet?
Here's a dinosaur
He eats almost everything
Or would you rather have a hat
That swaps your mind with Bullet Bills?
Wait...
Bullet Bills?
They have names, too?
Jesus Christ, what kind of trip is this?
Someone, call me a doctor
I got red, yellow and blue germs
Picking at my brains
Rotting my insides
Turning my soul into mush
Wait...
Turns my soul into mush?
Mush, as in “mushrooms”?
That thing that gives me all these extra lives?
Am I really just eating the dead souls
Of past versions of myself to stay alive?
No...
That's just crazy!
I just ate a mushroom that turned me into a giant
Now I can punch walls
That's not crazy at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment